Journey Collector’s Edition Going Retail in August
The fastest selling downloadable game in PSN history is preparing to go corporeal as Thatgamecompany plans on packaging Journey onto a special edition retail disc for the PS3, releasing August 28th.
For $29.99, Journey Collector’s Edition comes stocked with the titular game as well as TGC’s previous two outings, flOw and Flower. But TGC understands Blu-Ray discs are large enough to house the whole of human history. That won’t be included, but this content will be:
- Concept art, screenshot galleries, trailers, dev diaries, soundtracks, and Creator Commentary playthroughs of all three games.
- Behind-the-scenes documentary on Journey.
- PS3 themes, wallpapers, and exclusive Journey avatars.
- Reversible cover art to match your flippant mood.
- Three TGC crafted mini-games created during the 24hr Game Jam: Gravediggers, Duke War!!, and Nostril Shot. TGC says these competitive multiplayer titles represent the studio’s lighter side, “We hope you sincerely enjoy their silliness as much as we have.”